miércoles, noviembre 02, 2005

 
Take a look at http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/horsey/, is very funny, is you know enough about U.S. politics. By the way, the Seattle Post-Intelligencer, the newspaper that hosts the above mentioned page, was once sent to me by international mail and I don't know by whom. It is an absolute mistery. About a year ago I received a couple of british newspapers in the same fashion. I just can't figure who is behind these misterious sendings.

By the way, if any of you would like to send me a newspaper for free1 (or better still, suscribe me), feel free. I like reading the newspaper. I would rather prefer big and influential newspapers such as the NY Times, Washington Post, The Guardian, The Times (NOT Time magazine), Le Monde, Le Figaro, The Economist, Der Spiegel (the latter two being magazines).

Should I make a comment about the David Horsey's cartoon I put?. Well, fundamentalistic christians have made such a damage to christendom that, well, I think the rest of us will have to cope with the consequences of their sins. I hope that my fellow chilean christians would not end up so divorced2 of the rest of society.

I share with Eugenio Tironi a fear that Chile would become more and more alike to the United States in some obscure ways3. But in this respect -evangelical zealots- I think we are still safe, I dare to say, as long as we don't forget loving the people as persons as they are.

1. You won't be spoiling your money. I'm running a widely-read blog read by an audience made of only opinion-leaders. Expect a boost in your sales if I mention your newspaper on this blog.
2. Of course, there is an unavoidable divorce from the rest of society. But not to the point of failing to empathize with the rest of society.
3. Nevertheless, I long for we, chileans -including me- being able to have the strong work ethics that people in the United States have.

Comments: Publicar un comentario

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?